Monday, March 5, 2007

A room with a view


If I get after it I can clean our little condo in an hour. My problem right now is the weather. The sun is so beautiful shining off the lake that I can't stay inside. When I'm not outside I'm standing at the window. Dust motes dance in the light but I'm not inclined to eliminate their source. The tile is gritty but I walk over it on my way to the porch. I'm hypnotized by the view.

Debbie and I dreamed that some day we would live on the lake. We planned it for our "old age." Then one day we looked at one another with the same thought, "Go now!" We have to pinch ourselves occasionally. We live on the lake! We can walk a few yards and be on the edge of the water. We can sit on our porch and watch birds and boaters and fishermen. Yesterday Debbie wanted to fish. She just walked out the door, walked down to the boat, and drove away. In a couple of hours she was back with 15 beautiful crappie.

I still have to clean the condo but in an hour I'll be back outside, looking at the lake and enjoying this beautiful day.

No comments: