Saturday, March 24, 2007

Good News!

It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood. The operation Tuesday went well and I'm healing fast. I have one long incision down the right side of my neck and one straight across the front, a la Frankenstein. My doctor sews well so the stitches are straight and even. Tuesday morning they'll come out and I'll be on my way. I expected to have trouble talking and eating, at least for awhile, but the opposite has been true. As a matter of fact, I think my voice is clearer than it was before. Go figure. I'll take improvement wherever it presents itself.

I would love to report that these tumors won't recur but that would be unrealistic. We don't know what causes them, why my body produces these anomalies. We do know, however, that if we are vigilant and proactive we can contain them. I use the pronoun we because it's a team sport. My doctor, my family, my friends, and I work together to keep me cancer free. It's a formula that has worked since 1984.

No comments: