Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Thank You


I've shared hospital rooms with people who had to take a bus or taxi home when they were discharged. Imagine that if you can. I can't. My family is all about taking care of one another. At the first hint of crisis we gather. I've never driven myself to the hospital and I've never gone into surgery without my family around me. This is serious business. The things that can go wrong are unfathomable. I am surrounded by them when I go to sleep and they are there when I wake up. There were times when they waited as long as 14 hours. We don't know how to do it any other way. The credit for this phenomen goes to my parents. They raised us to work as a team. We are friends who enjoy one another's company. In today's climate of fractured families this is a remarkable achievement.

No comments: